Theme: I’m not ‘crazy’, I’m just a little unwell
The term ‘mental illness’ tends to evoke images of persons living in deep despair, struggling with inner demons and having little chance of experiencing any kind of well-being. While certain people may acquire mental illnesses that can be quite disabling, most people recover well and are able to live fulfilling lives as active member of their communities. Challenging the desolate images described above requires an unearthing of the stories and accounts of people who have successfully coped with mental illness.
The idea behind this event is to create a narrative that brings forth the humanity of people who live with mental illnesses while debunking the myths associated with being mentally ill.
• Teams may consist of 1 – 5 participants. Cross college teams are allowed.
• Time limit is 5 – 8 minutes, including credits.
• Films may be in any medium.
• Minimum resolution requirement is 480p.
• Films may be in any language but must be accompanied by English subtitles.
• Plagiarism shall lead to immediate disqualification.
How to Submit the Short film
1. Participants can upload their entries on video sharing websites such as Vimeo, Youtube or Dropbox and mail the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Please enclose the following details: Names of all the team members, their Email IDs and phone numbers and college name, along with a short description (200 words max) of your short film.
3. Entry should carry the following subject title- FILMNAME_COLLEGENAME
Short Film submission deadline: 17th August, 2014
Result Announcement: 22nd August 2014
The participants are required to be present at the venue (Psychology Lab, Lady Shri Ram College) on 22nd August, 2014 at 12:20 PM for a Discussion with the Judges and Prize Distribution.
For registration and queries, contact Husaina, 09582588739.
You can also register by filling the form given below: