(Compiled by Aakriti Pasricha)
- Females learn to talk earlier, use sentences earlier, and learn to read more quickly than males. Males have a greater incidence of reading disabilities, stutter more, read with less speed and accuracy, and by the time they reach maturity have a smaller vocabulary than females.
- Based on the total number of people tested since IQ tests were devised, women have a slightly higher average IQ than men. The two highest IQ’s ever recorded (on a standard test) both belong to women.
- Men change their minds two to three times more often than women. Most women take longer to make a decision than men do, but once they make a decision they are more likely to stick to it.
- Women are better than men at remembering faces, especially of females
- Women are twice more talkative than men! It has been estimated that on average, men speak 12,500 words and women speak about 25,500 words in a day.
- The female brain is much more adept at reading subtle facial and verbal emotional expressions. Some women say that only when men see actual tears they realize that something is wrong. This is why women have to cry four times more than men do, to signal distress.